Greetings lovely bookworms! 😊 How are you doing?! I hope your week is off to a great start and, if it isn’t, I hope it turns around for you. ❤️
Happy Top Ten Tuesday! For those of you who don’t know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @ThatArtsyReaderGirl. Every week, there is a new topic so be sure to tune in every Tuesday to read that week’s TTT!
Today’s TTT is about non-bookish hobbies. 😱🤭
- ⛸Figure skating: I was a competitive figure skater for around 14 years and, when I get time, I go skate at my local rink. To me, there is nothing more freeing than lacing up my boots and stepping on a fresh sheet of ice!
- 🧘🏼♀️Yoga/Meditation: I really got more into yoga during my senior year of undergrad. I found that I really enjoy the peace of mind you feel during yoga sessions and that, like skating, it is physically challenging.
- 📓Writing/Journaling: I enjoy writing down random thoughts in my journal or recalling the day’s events. It is a great way to relax and reflect on the day. I also write some (mediocre) poetry every now and then.
- 📒Scrapbooking: I have a “memory book” that contains pictures and other doo-dads (like my first concert ticket) in it. I love looking through it every now and then. I need to add more to it!
- 📗Quote book: This might be a little bookish, but I do have a book of quotes, doodles, and poetry. It is a different version of the scrapbook that I mentioned above. It was a way I could consolidate quotes that I fell in love with or felt connected to.
- 📹Vlogging: I have been wanting to start a YouTube channel because I have a collection of video memories on my phone and camera… and I thought, why not start vlogging? It is really fun to edit videos and express creativity in that way. My twin sister and I both really want to have a channel together and are in the works of putting one together. Any channel name suggestions?!
- 🎧Listening to music: I love listening to music, especially instrumental or trailer music. I think, because I was a figure skater, I am especially interested in this kind of music! For example, I really love Jesse Cook, Two Steps from Hell, or Dean Valentine’s Dark Matter. If you watched the Catching Fire trailers, you might recognize Dark Matter! It is such an epic song. (Song link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRBiTmLDzE)
- ✏️Drawing/Random doodling: I am not too good at it, but I have done a few cool drawings of fairies and masquerade masks. It is a fun and challenging activity!
- 📅Planning/Organizing: I love to plan out my days, make lists, and organize. I usually use a Passion Planner as my planner because they leave so much room for creativity and I like the way their planners are set up; however, you can really be creative with any planner. Planning is a great way to be creative and organized!
- 👨👩👧👧Family time: While this may seem weird to call spending time with my family a hobby, I do love spending time with my twin sister and my family. I live with my twin sister and we just have the best time together – whether it be random trips to Barnes and Noble or something as mundane as the grocery store. Life is too short to not enjoy every single moment with your loved ones! Laugh harder, hug tighter, and love bigger.
That’s it for this week’s TTT! What are some of your non-bookish hobbies? Let me know in the comments down below. Also be sure to link your TTT down below so I can check it out!